tombstones

tombstones
Forget me not Tombstones was a finalist in the 702 Small Business Awards 2011

Friday 11 November 2011

On a personal note...

I think because it is coming to the end of the year, i always seem to look back and reminisce.
When i first joined the industry it was by no means on purpose. My uncle passed away and my family and I were left the tombstone company. A that present time i was taking a gap year from university, all of 19 years old, and i was able to help my dad run a company that he did not have the time to do.

I remember the first day i walked in to the showroom and saw all the memorials and to be quiet honest i was completely taken aback by it all. Little by little i started learning the business, started making huge changes to the way the company ran, the products and service we offered. Being a young woman with no experience, in a mostly male dominated industry was tough to say the least. But through sheer grit and determination, and a developing thick skin, i found myself and my decisions being taken seriously.

Nine years later, now having a degree and being married, i find myself with an absolute passion for what i do, and could not imagine my life any other way.  We help people remember their loved ones and i find it a privilege to be apart of that process.

Our company is forever evolving, from our cutting edge designs of tombstones, to other services we now offer to clients. We strive to be the best, and everyday we push the boundaries. It has been a long road so far, but it has been exciting, challenging, and on a personal note it has helped me in becoming more self confident in myself and my abilities.

But everything is a team effort, and without everyone here at Forget me not Tombstones, we would not be where we are today. I see us not as a team, but a family.

I look forward to the next 10 years!



blessings and light

natascha

No comments:

Post a Comment